Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day Of Preschool

Jackson started preschool on Tuesday, September 7, 2010. It was an emotional day for all of us. Luckily Justin arranged his travel schedule so he could be home the morning and evening of this big day.

For June, July and August Jackson was cared for by one of my best friends, Alli (along with 2 of Jackson's best friends BrodyMason), my sister in law Gretchen (along with Jackson's 3 favorite girl cousins in Kansas) and my parents. So he was spoiled with love, attention and lots of fun time over the summer. We were also spoiled with knowing he was in great hands each and every minute.

We searched and toured a few places before choosing Holy Cross Catholic Early Education Center for Jackson to attend this fall. The plan is for him to attend this school until Kindergarten. On Friday, September 3 we attended an orientation day. It was just an hour where Jackson went to his classroom while Justin and I listened to stuff we needed to know. Unfortunately they talked for about 15 minutes about the car line and it was kind of silly! Regardless I thought it would go great because we would be near. I was completely wrong. Jackson cried almost the entire time saying "I need my mom" It was heart breaking to hear him so upset. I would say Jackson is a mommas boy- and that is putting it mildly. He is with me so much that he is pretty attached. So after orientation day I was extremely worried, anxious and overwhelmed at the thought of sending him to preschool.

We made arrangements so that we could gradually transition Jackson into preschool over the week. The first morning we all got ready and traveled to preschool together. As we pulled in Jackson started to cry and say "I don't want to go to preschool." We assured him it would be so fun and that he would get to meet new friends and have snack. We also assured him I would pick him up right after preschool class. As we walked him in, he cried. As we left I cried. He did calm down a bit after our routine of Big Hug, High 5 and Knuckles.

His teacher, Mrs. Bridges reported he did pretty well with no tears after we left. Each day this week got a little better. By Thursday he did not cry when I dropped him off or picked him up and didn't really cry much during the day.

So we made it... Jackson is officially in PRESCHOOL!

No comments: