Saturday, September 18, 2010

Up in the Air

We had a weekend of looking to the sky. On Friday evening we enjoyed a Hot Air Balloon Launch in south Overland Park. It was a little delayed but worth it to see almost 20 hot air balloons fill up with air and float away about 20 feet in front of us. We enjoyed the event with JJ, Gretchen and the girls.
On Saturday we joined Poppy at the Whiteman Air Force Base Wings Over Whiteman Air Show. My Dad is a retired Officer in the US Air Force so I have always thought there was something magical about the Air Force and all the special planes they fly. I grew up on or next to an Air Force Base until I left for college. My dad retired when I was 8 years old and we stayed right next to Whiteman which became the home of the Big Daddy B2 Bomber. Today they had a big show with lots of different planes you could get into and also some neat ones flying over head. They even had some dropping bombs in the distance! Although it was a little hot out on the flight line it was pretty neat to be there!

Just another packed Fall weekend for us!

No comments: